View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
modeleh

Default Re: In memory of 'ColumbiA', my Father, Richard Lee

Heartfelt condolences from Vancouver Island. Your father made a very positive impact on this forum in the short time he was on here. One of the great things about a forum like this, is that the information he posted here will live on and help others in the future when they search about a problem that he had previously helped someone else with. There are many members of the vintage car club that have passed away in recent years, and I hate to say it but there are many I know around here that don't have much time left. Not all of the old car guys are savvy with computers, so when they tell you something your only option is to put it in your memory bank and hope it lasts. It is great to have the forum members here who are in their golden years, but weren't afraid to learn how to use a computer. Their knowledge will live on here even though they have gone on.
I am glad you are looking after your Dad's car. I got into old cars because of my grandfather and his A roadster. I have several old cars, but the one I am most connected to is Grampa's old car. That personal connection between your father, the car, and you is something that is very special and people who aren't connected to a loved one through an old car just wouldn't understand it. He will be with you for many safe and happy miles in your car.

Last edited by modeleh; 10-15-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: edit: Mitch, we were typing our posts at the same time, and our posts are nearly identical.
modeleh is offline   Reply With Quote