View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
carbed87

Default Weird fuel issue keeping me from driving my coupe. Any ideas?

So i have a 30 coupe, stock banger (other than a snyder head) and i seem to be having a fuel issue.

I can go out, start my car right now, let it warm up, and even drive it around a little, but then it will just up and die.

So here is what it does: after it dies, I can pull off the fuel line from the carb, open my fuel valve, and it will pour out no problem.

When i hook it back up to the carb, it will not deliver fuel. I know this because if the sediment bowl is empty, it will not fill up until i loosen the fuel line from the carb again.

I initially thought this may bt a fuel cap issue...does the same thing without the cap on.

It has left me stranded 3 times. All three times i have pulled the carb off and completely taken it apart, but there is never any debris in it.

i also thought this MAY be a spark issue, however a new coil, ballast resistor, condenser, and points have not made a difference when it does not want to run.

Any help would be great! it's a shame to have this car in my garage and be too scared to drive it.
carbed87 is offline   Reply With Quote