View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #125
flatheadv8

Default Re: Saving a family treasure...(1936 1and1/2 ton)

I agree! It would be neat to see it restored to the way your family had it on the farm with the name proudly displayed on the doors again! So happy that you are able to keep it in the family and bring it back to life. How cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Kirk View Post
Bret, great story...I'm so happy for you. You've got a great project there and the family history is amazing. At some point, you're going to have a question and I'll answer that before you have even thought of that question. My dad owned my car back in the early 40's (it's a 35) and it's been in the family ever since. I got faced with the decision to build it back to the way it rolled off of the assembly line or restore it back to the way my dad had it. I posed that question on the Barn and after everybody read the story of my car (similar to your story) the resounding response was to restore it the way my dad had it. With that in mind, honor that truck as a family heirloom and not a product of an assembly line or what the current value is. The value lies in the history! You've come to the right place to get answers as you begin the restoration. If you add up all the old Ford V8 experience in years on this site, I'm sure it adds up to 1,000,000 with a few people, that I won't name here, making up the bulk of that!
flatheadv8 is offline   Reply With Quote