View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #9
Chris in CT

Default Re: How much Wheel wobble is acceptable on a 21 inch?

Hi Dan,
I see you are new to the barn as well as new to the model A hobby. Welcome! its great to have you aboard.
The above is all good advice. There are a couple of folks who can do wheel straightening, and it might be a good idea to send your wheels one of them. I think there is a guy on the barn - Dave in Minnesota - who does it, but you'll have to look him up.
One thing, while a Model A well tuned can do 60 to 70 mph, I would like to caution you to re-think whether you really want to use this car at those speeds on a regular basis. A couple of years ago, when I was testing a new counter-slung crankshaft, I had my '29 roadster up to 70 mph on the well-paved route 22 in upstate New York. The car's frame, steering, and brakes were all AAA, but I had the feeling that if I hit a acorn in the road, me and the car would be history. I think I can speak for most of us when I say that many of us are the most comfortable when touring at 50 - 55 mph. Personally, I like my scenic drives at 30 - 35. Happy Motoring!
Chris in CT is offline   Reply With Quote