View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #51
Henry Hopper

Default Re: If gas prices go to 6 bucks a gallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36tbird View Post
Ol' farts, short sighted, only interested in, "I just want to continue to play with my toys". And, oh yeah, let's blame "liberals" for all this current mess. Geez, what a bunch of dumb asses. By the way, I am 60 years old but I like to imagine that I can still think about who we are and how we got here. That is not incongruous with liking old cars, especially when you remember and honor the old hot rodders who after WWII promoted technology advances utilizing the flathead as their laboratory. Rather than blowing out BS like "drill dummie drill", we should be pointing out how to learn from the past, i.e., enhancing current systems to promote fuel savings and mass transportation. If we did these kind of things, then our hobby could be preserved so that our old cars would be seen at shows and parades and such while our society has progressed to improve our environment and reduced fossil fuel dependency. But, other than that, I have no opinion on the subject.
unfortunatley, we ride on the coat tails of the popularist fuel....ie; when a replacement fuel for petrol is found and used by the mainstream...you won`t be able to get regular petrol anymore owing to it be non profitable to store,make and promote a fuel for a low end usage....not at anything like an affordable price anyhow.