Thread: 8rt bellhousing
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #40
GB SISSON

Default Re: 8rt bellhousing

TC shipped me a cast iron truck bell along with it's starter plate. We decided on greyhound which of course doesn't come to our island. It is waiting for me at the station in Mt. Vernon Wa. In the meantime I talked to a friend who I remembered had a couple of flatheads around his shop, some in pieces and I'm picking up a cast bell with it's starter plate today. This will allow me to put a starter on the engine with no flywheel in it and crank it over.Yay! If I can't find a usable 8ba type carb, will a 59 ab type work without that port? Suddenly I have 2 cast iron bellhousings. Thanks so much for all the help. I'm watching the post about waterpumps, because I will need engine mount feet on them for this engine that turns over. My run stand is set up for 59ab mounting.Will 59 ab pumps mount up, but just not get oil? If so I could I pump these full in the oil hole for the test run? I could always steal the pumps off the stuck engine next to it. Still waiting for the atf, acetone mix to do it's thing.....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote