View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
todd3131

Default Re: Hershey is Dying, Corrections are needed

[Maybe the old car hobby is declining because of cost of ownership of a car and the cost of restoring it.] The old car hobby isn't decining it is changing, the first time I was in Hershey was 1969 and the spots were full of brass era parts and in the 80's it was thirtys cars. It is just changing I was at a collector car dealership and the general manager of it thinks that a early 90's corvette is a old car! He is selling later model Mustang and camaros for ridiculously stupid money that would but two or three model a's. When I was a kid and a old guy would come up and say he bought a model a new just like it and now some guy in his mid 70's will ask me what it is and then comment on some late 50's car he bought for 100.00. It is sad to see but that is the way it is the young crowd is wanting muscle cars or street rods because that is what they grew up with. I grew up with model a's and they will always be my first love but I have had quite a few affairs with other cars of one kind or another but I will never sell my roadster. To end the rambling the old car hobby is alive, well and evolving, and that is why Hershey is dying it isn't evolving to include the last 70 years of production.
Todd
Todd
todd3131 is offline   Reply With Quote