View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #48
jmerson

Default Re: Last years body on this years car

[QUOTE=Mart;1827121]Jmerson, sorry but the fire went out a while ago.

Mart, That's the trouble with you young whippper-snappers, you give up too easyly. I'm going to keep trying until i get to the bottom up this mystery. I've known this guy all of my adult life and i can't believe he is a phony. Look him up on Google and read some of his accomplishments and you will have a better understanding of my quest. I really don't care if people don't believe in this guy but if you had ever seen him and some of the work he did you would have a different feeling for this car. As i said before, i bought the car thinking it was something other than what it is but i wouldn't get rid of it now for any price. It's a beatiful car, looks great, runs great and is a pleasure to drive. My only problem is what year do I call it? A '31 or a '32? I'm having a hard time getting a photo small enough to upload to this site but i have a picture of my '31 coupes rear fender and it has the narrow bottom where it meets the running board and another of this1932 Roadster and it is flat accross the bottom where it meets the running board. I also measured the width of both fenders at 5 places from running board to end of fender and they are all different. There is no way you can make '32 fenders fit this body unless it is a '32. I'm going to try and get Roy Brizo to take a look at this car and if anyone will have an answer it will be him.
Like they say, it ain't over until it's over!!
jmerson is offline   Reply With Quote