View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #13
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: 2019 Central National Meet in Auburn, IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
I went through Auburn after the Dearborn Meet two months ago. I got the "V-8 Foundation" rate at the Comfort Suites at around $100. Very acceptable accommodations. The best room I had on the whole trip. I had one of the suites so there was a lot of space. At this particular hotel, they were renovating the lobby, the pool, and the rooms (I asked a front desk worker if the stuff in my room was new because it was in such good shape, the answer was the TV was the only new thing and it was all being changed).

The Deusenberg dudes come through this town yearly and they like things nice, even if they have to use the Comfort Suites.

I have no part of organizing this event, but I guarantee there will be touring. Many cool things to see, and if you haven't already been there, the Mid America Windmill Museum in Kendallville is a hoot! Been there twice! The Air Zoo in Kalamazoo is as good as Wright-Pat or either Smithsonian. Gilmore is only about 30 min from Kalamazoo, about 1:30 from Auburn if I recall correctly.

Auburn is my favorite town to visit! I like that you can hear trains at any time of the day.
Jeff you are one good guy. I like how Auburn was on your way home from Dearborn. Home to D.C. via Dearborn and Auburn. That's fantastic.

As always, I look forward to some great times with good V8 friends.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote