View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #8
Cape Codder

Default Re: New England Meet

I haven't seen any reports about the New England Meet so I thought I would say a few words.
We, as in four people in two cars traveled in two cars from Cape Cod with no issues except for the RAIN going up Thursday. Friday it was BEAUTIFUL!! There was approx. 175 cars registered which made for a good number on the tour on Saturday even with some light rain while we were driving although when we arrived at our destination (Hancock Shaker Village) the subsided. The awards banquet was really full with a good group playing and singing for us those "Oldies" for non other then for the Oldies! Members that sat at the table thought the meal was very, very good especially serving approx. 250-275 people. We also had a nice time at the Sunday brunch even though we won NOTHING from the raffles NOR the 50-50. Sure would have helped with what I spent overall.

And now for the RETURN trip. Weather was wonderful Model A driving weather on Sunday morning/afternoon coming home. At approx 110 miles from our home we stopped for gas. As I drove away from the station I heard a strange noise, but the car was running and steering well so I blew it off to something I had run over on the road. SHORTLY there after I could smell fuel. I was IMMEDIATELY concerned and looked up to see that the fuel cap was gone. Turned around slowly went back maybe a mile to no avail. Our friend came up the idea of putting the top of THEIR Coffee Jug on top of the tank filler and taping it down. This worked perfectly all the way home - 110 miles. Monday I went in the garage to remove the tape as I was concerned it would ruin my bad paint job. When I went to the passenger side of the car I found this.......... AND look at the ENTIRE picture and what does anyone see in the background?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190916_133758.jpg (92.1 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Cape Codder; 09-18-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Finished write up!
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote