View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #13
Karl Wescott

Default Re: I need a contact for help at Bob Drake

Drake and Vintique both sell seconds and may have a favored vendor who will take them to various swap meets (before Bob's dad passed away he got the seconds to sell). Usually these guys are honest about what they sell. However... there are less than honest vendors who will purchase the seconds and resell them at "retail" OR there are dishonest customers who will exchange or swap or something to a vendor who then thinks the parts are good. Anyone will be reluctant to exchange a discounted second for a good part. Just a caveat emptor.

The second issue is that when we sell thru a dealer (and I assume Bob feels similar) we expect the dealer to be the point for any customer service issues. Hint... if you buy from a dealer keep a receipt and try them first. If they get real "hinkey" about a receipt maybe pass, if a deal smells wrong it likely is wrong.

The third issue I have is relationships. When you buy direct from Bob, or indirect from us, C&G, Dennis, etc you establish a relationship. We all value these relationships and will do what we feel is reasonable to keep them positive. When you buy from an unknown vendor at a swap meet or epay you hopefully are getting a discount in exchange for the lack of a relationship or any effort at customer service.

To resolve your issue I would try again at Bob's (ask for a supervisor if needed) and ask them to bring a replacement (if they have one) then do a hand to hand with Bob or his staff at Portland... Then begin building a relationship.
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote