View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
Chris

Default Re: I need a contact for help at Bob Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Chris.....I hope this turns-out in your favor, too. Obviously, you explained the unique circumstances to The Man himself. Sounds like IF you get lucky, and IF one of Bob's boys finds a spare layin'-around, he might do you a favor and "work something out". What the hell does that mean? Seems like Bob's business is probably doing OK-enough selling to thousands of vendors, not to mention the thousands of customers that have made BD the "big boy" in the repro Ford industry today. When is Bob gonna just grab the bull by the horns and do the RIGHT thing for once....when it comes to good customer PR? I don't get it! DD
Well, I know getting mad, or arguing never gets you anywhere. He said basically I bought them from another party. The boxes the trim come in do not seal, they have a folded flap that closes them, so his point was anything could have happened at any time. He did not say it was not their fault, just said it may not be their fault, either. I agree with you COOP that here is a great time to step up and show some customer service. What would they be out? But, it is neither my or your call to do so. I would gladly send this spare piece back in exchange for the right piece.

I told him I was not looking to get "something for free" or anything like that, and that the trim pieces ($350.00) were basically useless missing 1/3 of them. He said he understood, and would try his best to get me squared away.

If worse comes to worse, I can have my original right side rechromed, but that would probably cost me at least 100.00.