View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
Mike Peters

Default Re: 28, 29, Or Both?

I agree with Fred. I went through a simular delima with the delivery. I had the makings for a complete March of 28 chassis and was debating putting the delivery body on it and finding early rear fenders to match. Then after some research I found that there was only a hand full of prototype deliveries made in 29 and that was not until November. Have since found almost everything correct for an April of 29 build. Much more correct and overall rewarding IMHO. Rod
_Rowdy: You meant to say that only a hand full of prototype delivery bodies were made in 28? You wrote 29.
Yes. You guys made me come to my senses! Thanks. The mismatched door handle joke will get stale fast. Outside door handles were introduced on open cars in Nov., 1928, but body mounted drum tail lamps persisted until Feb. 1929, at which time they were moved over to the left rear fender (right rear fender down under in Australia?). That means that a car with inside door handles and a fender mounted teacup tail lamp will be WAY wrong because outside door handles came into use before fender mounted tail lamps. Outside door handles would be the easiest way out of this, and Bob C's advice regarding converting inside to outside door handles is well taken. So a March or April Phaeton would be the most correct. Thanks to all!
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote