View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #16
big job

Default Re: 6 Volt dim headlights

Your lights are dim? mine are candles of course I don't go out in the dark but my 1923
Ford will blind you 6vts too. Ok We all know about the grounding. We all know about
charging and healthy battery. I don't remember if a 1940 has a terminal board left
inner fender but my 46 does. So on this board I found my high & low candles and jumped
from the battery each one and the sealed beams went from yellow to bright white. Only
means the headlight switch power is sick, the power from switch to dimmer switch is sick or the dimmer foot switch or the wires to this terminal board needs help. No doubt
all these years switches get green contacts or so. A little OT make you feel better. My
father when everything was 6vts was the first 'road rage'r ' High beams on his rear
mirror he pulls over then gets right on the guys bumper and high beams him while my
mother is having melt down while he's mumbling *(b##*tard) * LOL I'm just saying
they were bright then and no reason not for now. And after the war many cars got
headlight relays maybe a band aid but worked well. Think I'll get one. sam
big job is offline   Reply With Quote