View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #50
Karl

Default Re: Where do these people come from? My laugh for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Yes, I get a chuckle out of it, but I always school them on the old flathead designs as well! Teaching others about flatheads is almost as fun as working on them

BTW I know quite a bit about sleeve valve engines now, but 15 years ago I was an idiot as for as much as I knew!

I try but some just won't listen. They seem to get upset when you politely correct them . I know little about sleeve valve engines but if I was in conversation with you I would listen and learn -Not push my limited possible incorrect knowledge onto you.

My pet peeve is the know it all who tells me that some thing is incorrect on my car . My standard response is to ask if they own one-The answer is almost always no but they know someone who does . My response is to tell them to buy one, spend the time and money I have spend restoring this to as accurately as I can and then they might be qualified to pick my car apart. They tend to drift off after that !