View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 PM   #40
SeaSlugs

Default Re: 8 volt battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Swoft View Post
High amps will pull your fingers arround the source so that you can't turn loose . If you test by hand, do it with the back of your hand or fingers , That way you may be able to break loose. At least that is what I have been told . If I touch an electrical source it will be by accident .
yup, also when flipping on tripped breakers in your house, make a fist and use the knuckles on the back of your right hand to reset it so if for whatever reason it arcs out to your hand your arm muscles will retract pulling your fist away from the panel punching yourself but much better than the alternative.

Also like the age ol "measure twice cut once" applies to electrical wires too but an extra step is measure suspected dead circuit - then measure known live circuit - then measure dead circuit again to make sure its dead. Saved my butt once when my meter decided to wig out and display 14VAC when really I was on 120VAC...

BTW fun info those push button gas BBQ grill sparkers that make your nice blue spark are like 14,000 volts but like .002 amps. Great for potato guns haha