Thread: Fast and Loud
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 11:50 PM   #38
dumb person

Default Re: Fast and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
When I decide to sell my roadster it will most likely go to one of those type of guys.It was scouted for an outfit that makes some kind of films that they want to peddle to TV people.I don't have cable TV so I have never seen any of these shows.They made an offer of $3500.more than any A guys were offering at the time.I said to them I knew of a couple A roadsters that were nice looking,older 60's and 70's restorations that were cheaper.Turns out they were after the shock value of tearing apart a low mile unrestored barn car.People screaming at the TV set for them being butchers translates into dollars for them.
Don't sell it to them if you can avoid it.
That's the problem with this car thing... everyone wants to buy the car for peanuts & crush it because it's worth more as flattened mush. Not enough enthusiasts and too many cars, apparently. And there's not as many cars as you'd think. Not by 1/10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Could any of us do a "BETTER" show?--LOL
Bill Actor
Yes. But nobody would watch it.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote