View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Joint MARC / MAFCA Clubs

We went throught this, member of MARC national club or not, last April.
MARC has regions and you can't be a member of the region without being a member of MARC. Just like you can't be a member of the Kiwanis club of Fort Lauderdale without being a member of Kiwanis International.

A reason for the MARC national membership is to be covered by their liability insurance. If you are on a club trip, for example, and some kid slides down your fender and cuts themselves on the trim of your running boards you will be defended in a lawsuit under the MARC insurance as a member. If you are not a national member and you are just traveling with the group and the same thing happens, it's on you.

Here are some of the actual questions I asked MARC and the answers I received back from the vice president.

As a club wedrive out cars together to lunch, a museum, etc. Do I have any coverage from the national club?
Yes, because you're participating in a MARC activity, MARC's insurance would defend any MARC members against a legal suit of liability.

If we do something as a club and a non member comes along, does it void our coverage or is just the non member that is not covered?

No it does not void coverage, However, MARC's insurance has no obligation to defend a non-MARC person.

When it comes to MAFCA and their insurance I don't know. If you are not a member of the national club are you covered under the national insurance?

Back to the original question.To partake in the national tours, meets and conventions you need to be a member of the national club that is hosting, so Pros, members have additional venues to see and/show their cars, assist in the special programs the each have, and an additional magazine.

Cons, you have to pay two sets of dues to receive all the pros of both national clubs.