View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #7
CHuDWah

Default Re: The 1930 Deluxe Tudor Sedan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannL View Post
Interesting this subject has come up. I've had my Model A since July. The previous owner (for 15 years) told me numerous times that it was a Deluxe version. I really didn't think about it much. Then the thought came to me again today . . . What makes it a Deluxe model? Mine has Cowl lights and etched Wind Wings. It also has the flying buzzard radiator cap with thermometer, headlight shades, chrome horn, running board step plates, front bumper flag holder (3 flags) and radiator guard. Other than that I think it's perty normal. Having read previous threads regarding the 1930 Model A Deluxes, and this one supposedly came of the line in January 1930, it surely is not a Deluxe.

With the exception of cowl lights, none of the things you mention were standard equipment on Tudors, De Luxe or otherwise. The lights were standard on De Luxe, optional on Standard. The flying "buzzard" actually is a quail, meant to symbolize the quick acceleration of the Model A - if you've ever flushed a covey, you'll understand. The quail was an authorized, extra cost accessory but it didn't have a thermometer - that's an "enhanced" reproduction. The horn was painted black, not chromed. I believe the other things you listed are all non-Ford aftermarket accessories. Here is a description of the 31 De Luxe Tudor:

https://www.mafca.com/data_deluxe_tudors.html
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote