View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #33
big job

Default Re: 8BA compression issues

Valve lapping is a good sign. However these days no one laps valves anymore a shame.
Heres how we do it; with out valve keepers we stick a shop vac onto a intake port and
the shop vac will snap the valve out of your hand, same with the exhaust then a little PB
blaster on said valve if it doesn't get dry or visual bubbles thats good. Should have said
drop all valves in and do one at a time using the shop vac. Due to I hate mate and the written BS. remove cam gear and rotate by hand to feel the heal of the cam, I learned
that in school my buddy totally blind 'those days there were no brail books. Blind people have superior feel and hearing. Teacher would scratch his head cause this kid would grind valve stems with in a tenth: You will be good with .010 intake and .014 exhaust.
As already said some re pop timing gears are not stamped correctly so watch that. Now
if satisfied put back together get the battery open throttle turn engine over'starter' put
your hand over carb. you now should feel vacuum, or try 12vt battery no vacuum and
no vacuum on your hand means no no way it will start ! (piston goes down it sucks fuel)
Hopes this helps. sam
big job is offline   Reply With Quote