View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
VinnieCap

Default New 28 Ford, have some questons

Hello,

Been a member here a long time, but haven't posted much.

I just purchased a '28 Ford Model A. . I first started looking at this car in 2009 and was able to buy it off of the family just last month.

It was an AACA Senior National First Prize winner in 1983. The car has deteriorated some what, but still overall it's in great condition.

The car is all original (not modified), so still 6 volt, and all the '28 stuff still correct.

Hopefully you guys can answer some questions for me:

1. I just replaced the headlight bulbs with 2 Bulb Type - 6 Volt - Double Contact - 32-50 Candle Power. Now when I turn on the headlights the ammeter pegs discharge and the car will sputter and not want to run. What bulbs can I use that will correct this issue?

2. The key does nothing. Car will run with it in off position. It's original to the car. Can this be rebuilt and who does this type of work, is it worth keeping original? Or is a repro better?

3. The nickel plating on the radiator and headlights is dull. What can be used to polish this with out buffing through the plating?

4. The horn works but doesn't always give the full ahooga. Is there a cleanup trick for this to get it to work smoothly?

I may have more question but that's all I can think of right now.

Thanks
Vinnie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5156.jpg (75.8 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by VinnieCap; 09-24-2017 at 07:33 PM.
VinnieCap is offline   Reply With Quote