View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 04:19 AM   #1
coupe1942

Default Passenger door adjustment questions

On the passenger side of my 82-B pickup, the door has about a 1/4" or larger opening when fully closed. I don't have any manuals available at present to guide me in making any proper adjustments to close the door more firmly or securely. I am not certain if a new striker plate, dove tail or what ever is necessary of if there is an adjustment which can easily be made to lock the door into place more securely when closed. I am not sure if anything is worn out and in need of replacement or if it is simply an adjustment that is all that would be necessary. When I have the door handle in the proper orientation and close the door firmly, there is still a gap there which allows rattling and makes me uncomfortable that the door is as fully closed as it should be.

Can someone give me some tips at how to go about in fixing this problem or at least determining if the '30 model 82-B needs new parts or not?

Unfortunately, my truck is such a deep black color that is is often difficult to obtain good photos of the area I am addressing. Here are a couple though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88.jpg (85.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 74.jpg (85.3 KB, 93 views)
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote