View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
deuce_roadster

Default Re: 40 Wagon Rear Slider Removal?

You should remove the top double channel that runs down the curved metal piece that the lock loop in the handle protrudes through. You may need to remove the vertical metal piece that is at the front to get the top piece out. Are you putting in new channel or trying to save the old? If saving the old, you may be able to leave the front part of the top double channel intact and just twist it enough to get the inside piece of glass into it since the inside piece is the one with the curve at the back. I would try to insert the bottom edge into the channel and then work the top piece of channel onto the glass.

I installed all new channels with the new glass so it was fairly easy as I was putting in both pieces of glass. I used black trim adhesive to hold the new channel to the wood instead of small nails through the channel that my originals had.
Worst case you have to take it all out but I think you can get it in by bending the flange of the top channel enough to get the glass in. If you are replacing the outer piece of glass I think you need to take all the channel out. Good luck.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)