View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #26
Pickupman

Default Re: Diamond Block Questions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Well, I've been following this thread and haven't said anything yet. But now I will. It seems there are all a lot of experts out here. I really don't know where they come up with their information. My expertise is in my own personal experience with Gleaner Combines. I will agree with the Information on Vince Falters website that he has posted.

I have a lot of personal experience with diamond blocks. I've taken 25+ off Gleaner Combines in Kansas/Nebraska where I grew up. I just took one off in October. It had a 4 million number after Model A Production on the Pad.

In regard to the serial number pad. There is (3) variations I've found.

1. Pad with a "G" and numbers following it. These have all been lightly stamped. An
Example would be "G972" I believe this number was stamped by Gleaner.

2. No number at all. Very evident that there was never a number stamped on these pads.

3. Is a 4 million number like the one "Model A Fan" has pictured. These numbers were all
after the Model A Ford Production

I have several of all (3) variations of these blocks in storage in Kansas.

I've had a lot of fun buying Gleaner Combines for the Model A Motors and just buying the motors and taking them off. When I was younger my Dad would help me. We had it down to a science unbolting them and rolling them onto our trailer with pipe under the engine stand. When I was buying these in the 70's the biggest competition was the iron buyers.
Pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote