View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #9
bbrocksr

Default Re: Major brake adjustment procedure request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall V. Daut View Post
I have only been able to find the first page of Ford's brake adjustment procedure for 1939+ brakes on-line, plus an additional helpful diagram, but no text. The text on the main page goes as far as step #1 in the major adjustment procedure and apparently continues after the CAUTION: note at the bottom of the page. What I am looking for is the rest of the instructions for the major brake adjustment procedure. Surely more follows than simply lining up the two dots on the lower adjusters to face each other? I am guessing that after doing that, the lower portion of the brakes shoes are adjusted in a similar fashion as the uppers, meaning until the drum locks up and then back off the adjusters?

Because we don't have the Ford manual to guide us, could some kind soul please scan the rest of the instructions and post them?

Thanks in advance!
Marshall
Marshal, The lower " adjusters" are just eccentrics to center the shoe in the drum. Adjust the upper adjuster until you get a drag, then raise or lower the shoe with the eccentric until it reduces the drag. Then repeat until the shoe is centered. The shoe will be centered when raising and lowering the shoe increases drag.

Bill
bbrocksr is offline   Reply With Quote