View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
DRG-ler

Default Left rear wheel blocked briefly?

Hi folks, I had a very strange problem with my Tudor today.

Last weekend I drove a good 100km to a classic car meeting, everything was good there. Today I get the car out of the garage, I only want to drive about 10km, suddenly the left rear wheel blocked 3 times in a left turn ?! Once in the roundabout, even the stern broke slightly.

Then at home I jacked up the car and turned the wheel, and I was lucky that the problem just reappeared. When the wheel was turned forwards it blocked, when it was turned backwards it ran free. It felt like the handbrake lining was wedging on the brake drum, locking the wheel. (You can turn the wheel a little when you apply the handbrake until the handbrake pad is in contact with the stop. A few degrees.) I had this feeling here too. After that I dismantled the wheel and brake drum and checked, but no problem could be seen! Everything went smoothly, the brake releases properly ... I have no idea why that was. The wheel hub was also freely moving and didn't hit anything.

I have to say that I recently overhauled the handbrake. New handbrake shafts including the bearing + bearing sleeve were used. The small handbrake lever in the drum has been retrofitted with a hole and a grease nipple so that it can be lubricated. The handbrake strap has been completely refurbished and given new pads. These were sanded perfectly round ... New return springs were installed. Actually everything is great! The small bolts were also installed with the flat side facing out ... So nothing can get stuck.

At the moment it's all a mystery to me. Does anyone have any idea what else could be the problem? I wouldn't want the wheel to lock while driving. Then the damage might be greater.

Greetings from Berlin
Andy

I hope that after the Google Translator there is still something useful to read from the text.
DRG-ler is offline   Reply With Quote