View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #215
Vic Piano

Default Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Parts is Parts... Update

I drove over to pick up Don (so he could help me move the ’50 F-1 front axle assembly), got to his house around 10:30am. I drove through a little rain but the sky was clear and dry when we got to the location where the axle was. The guy had the axle, etc. assembled and sitting in a small trailer. I asked if I could just hook the trailer up to my F-150, take the axle home, then bring the trailer back on my way to drop Don off at his house. He agreed and Don and I took off for my house. We took the Axle, etc. out of the trailer and headed back… about this time the sky opened up and the rain came down… Fortunately, there was a lull in the downpour just as we pulled into the lot where we needed to return the trailer. The ’50 F-1 that the axle came out of now has a Mustang II with (I think) a 302c.i. OHV, etc. The owner of the truck wants to swap transmissions (not sure what he’s got in it but I know it’s not the original) so he’s going to drive it over to my garage this Saturday for us to get a look at it… I wonder if he likes pizza…