View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #101
GOSFAST

Default Re: Spark Plug Protrusion into Head?

OK, one more time, below here is a shot of heads I have here for another "pending" build, customer still up in the air!

These are a set of Offy "400's", still brand new, circa 1996/1997, these came straight from Tay & Vince out at Offenhauser, no "midde-man"!

I placed a better photo below showing a conventional .437" short-reach plug (Autolite 216's) in the head on the right and a conventional .750" long-reach (Autolite 3924) in the head on the left.

The "protusion" on the .750" reach is fairly obvious, same for the "lack-of-protusion" on the 216's, neither fits as-is, period.

Like I stated earlier in my post here we've been down this road many times, it isn't new here! This is why we made our own "spacers" for the correct fit (seen in post #2 above), preferably using the .750" reach pieces!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. You need to look closely but it is an issue that need to be addressed BEFORE installing any brand of heads! So far the Edelbrocks are the best to build on in my opinion?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flathead Offy 400 Head-Spark Plug Lengths B.jpg (83.2 KB, 99 views)
GOSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote