View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #16
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: supercharger carb info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodcbx View Post
I am running a Holley 600 cfm with vacuum secondary on my Mark Kirby built 286" flathead. Runs super strong after some tuning.
Details.... 12d initial advance... 26d total at 2000 rpm.... boost control retards timing
1-3d per pound of boost .... total timing @ 5 lb boost is 18d
The Holley has the Weber conversion which uses Weber jets for infinite tuning ability..

That's is an excellent combination plus the fun part is the infinite tuning possibility's. Having the option of being able to come up with the best tune is overall an additional bonus.
Something else that's important to remember as the years pass the actual gasoline we buy has changed dramatically. Gasoline once actually smelled like gasoline {last century} today it smells more like kerosene in many areas. This change over the years has shown we need to be able to adjust our tune ups to compensate. To me its part of the fun staying on top of what works to make a combination perform and give some economy as well.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is online now   Reply With Quote