View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
AL in NY

Default Re: overdrive transmissions

Here is an email from Ken Parker who posts on Fordbarn concerning his F150 kit:
From [email protected] ([email protected])
Sent Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:25 pm
To [email protected]
Cc
Bcc
Subject F150 OD transmission
Saw your post on Fordbarn. There are two shops in Texas that build the units you speak of. Gary Bernard and me. Both built from F100 or F150 transmissions but how they are cuopled to the model A is slightly different. My units uses a AA bell housing and requires no cutting on the center cross member of modifications to the brake cross shft. It is complete with AA bell housing, Throwout bearing and hub, new Clutch disc, transmission - rebuilt, Shortened radias rods, shortened torque tube, shortened drive shaft, Clutch and brake pedal bracket, 30-31 style emergency brake bracket, Shift lever adapted to look like model A. All nuts and bolts for installation included. Complete package $2500. I have further info if you want it and pictures.

I am in Van, Texas - 80 miles east of Dallas. Ken Parker 903- 963-1650

Note the date 6/2007, the price may be slightly higher now. I installed one myself and have instructions if you are a real good mechanic and have access to a lathe and milling machine. And Art, I sent you my instructions which also list the three fellows (Gary, Ken and Dave) who make the F150 kits and their contact information.

Last edited by AL in NY; 10-07-2010 at 11:50 AM.
AL in NY is offline   Reply With Quote