View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 07:04 PM   #15
jim1932

Default Re: 1928 ford roadster on CL

OK, I responded to one of the Scam ad's in the Fordbarn post. This does not have the same look. May still be a scam, but that one pitched as a widow moving and needing to unload the car. Specifics to that scam are talking about going through ebay motors. they are looking to get someone to buy it without looking at it and "Escrowing the payment to what they believe is an EBAY service. I would answer the ad asking for details and more pictures. If the answer sounds like someone who knows the car, probably legit. In my case the ad was for a roadster pickup and they sent photos of a roadster. Key is to ask them when you can drop by and see it. scam won't answer. I am a Fraud examiner by training. Scam for you buying is usually trying to get you to send money without seeing item. Usually sounds like they are ALL about safety...escrow or otherwise. Buying they want to sent you more than the part is worth and sent them back the extra. Or they are hoping you will send the part before the fake money order clears.