View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Terry, NJ

Default Re: French Ford Model A Town Sedan

Off Topic, But do you know of a town named "Breitenbach" in Bavaria? One of my Great (?) grandfathers came from there.

Back On topic, From what you are saying, it's looking more and more like a Briggs Town sedan that someone "Customised" . Take a few more pictures of The windows. The area directly over the rear windows, and the wiring in the rear, and the rear interior. The Green mohair panels is a stock item for TSes, so that is another point towards it being a TS. I saw the holes in the cowl and wasn't sure if they were factory or not, especially with that weird mounting bracket (spare tire) sticking out of it. If it's not a TS, I would say it's a 4 dr deluxe.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSchwarzer View Post
Steve, thanks for your input and that you have startet a thread about the spindle ball subject.
Here it is not so easy to get useable original arms. But regarding your experience I will try, still "some " time left until the first drive. We are in the south of Germany, roundabout 50km south of Munich close to the alps in Bavaria.

Terry, we diskussed the "Town Sedan" issue a lot over here, as the car did not have cowl lights etc. But obviously it went trough a rough resoration, and the cowl lights were eliminated in exchange for the home made spare tire carrier. There were holes for the lights in the cowl. The entire car had been repainted by hand, also the interior parts as the dash and door/window mouldings. I have attached a picture which shows the brown basecolour, will try to get a better one. Under that black colour, there were some remains of the woodgraining. As the entire back seat was missing, we could not say whether there was a center arm rest or not. In the top wood there were holes for the srcews which attach the domelight carrier in the rear, the light itself missing. So we made a decision: TownSedan. But of course this can be wrong. There are some hints that more than one car are the basis of this one, so no one could say for sure. We tried to organize some information in France. But all documents of the factory were lost in WW2. Do you know whether there isin the US some information about the exported and foreign assembled cars?
Thank you so far. Michael
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote