View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcarman View Post
Gary, what pass is that? I've been over every pass in the State but those pics aren't ringing a bell. If I had to guess it would be North Cascades or possibly Stevens, both of which I haven't been over in years. Judging by the pick up location of the third photo you must have been in North/central or NE part of the state seeing the pine trees in the background. It is rather exhilarating to crest the summit(s) then descend into warmth, sunshine and the smell of pine trees (except in the winter when it's colder than a tax collectors smile over there).
It's Washington Pass on The North Cascade Highway, SR 20. This pass closes every winter as it it extremely difficult (and expensive) to keep clear. On the East side of HWY 20 the first town is Mazama, then Wintrop, Twisp and on to Omak and points East. In the middle photo there is a cab and a front clip on my F350, on the trailer is the half ton I used to build the woodie wagon. the bed was used on the toyota landcruiser frankentruck as was the factory cowl in the bed of the 1/2 ton. This load was indicative of the other 4 loads I brought over that fall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Twisp 2 ton.jpg (80.9 KB, 951 views)
File Type: jpg leaving twisp w half ton.jpg (95.7 KB, 956 views)
File Type: jpg half ton panel in twisp.jpg (97.9 KB, 957 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 12-14-2021 at 11:22 AM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote