View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: frame crack repair

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hey Adam . . . BTW, used to hang out in Mill Valley when I would come up and see Autodesk. I was in the software business and knew them from the day they introduced their first set of products at the Comdex show in Vegas - probably about 1982 or so.

Okay, back to 36 Fords: I don't see any real need for your "belt and suspenders" - would look like a "farm repair" to me (which isn't to say that is a bad thing as back in the day, one did what they had to do to keep a car on the road). I think the V out, TIG on both sides first, then adding the four little gussets as the last step would be more than adequate. I'd make the gussets out of 3/16 strap, as wide as possible and still allow the the spring and u-bolts to be installed. After looking at it, might even just make one "longer one" per side (with 2 holes in it).

Would probably carry it out past the bolt hole as far as possible - probably to about where the cross-member starts to kick-up. If it was done nicely - shaped and finished well (with good TIG welds), would almost look like it was planned that way. Good luck!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote