View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #22
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: LeBaron Bonney Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Why do people buy a company, then run it into the ground? Incompetence? Stupid? What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post

While major corporations brought business knowledge and lots of capitol to the table, they lacked the knowledge of their customers and the passion of the founder and therefore failed. There were more than a few guys that bought their businesses back for pennies on the dollar.

There is some truth in this however there is often another side in this from what I hear in seminars, --that while it is unethical and illegal, it happens WAY too often in business sales in that the books are 'cooked' to represent an inflated P&L.

While many will be quick to say that this is fraud and rarely done, nothing could be further from the truth regarding the 'rarely done' part from what my banker and CPA tell me. Sometimes it can be found beforehand thru a full-audit however someone who is shrewd with the books can make this virtually undetectable until well after the sale has been consummated. Even when it has been discovered, an undercapitalized company generally does not have the funding to contest this in court. I would be interested to hear what Bill Underwood says in his experience with this type thing.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)