View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 04:56 AM   #4
oldandtired

Default Re: Ford Tool Collectors

flatheadmurre I always enjoy reading your posts. I am one of those guys who from time to time buys things for reasons other than to use. I have various flathead powered vehicles and wanted one of the KRW engine stands, but could never find one when I had the money to buy one. A couple of years ago I came across a stash that was finally for sale and bought one of the stands with the rolling base as well as one of the brake shoe machines shown on the cover of one of the KRW catalogs. I didn't even know I wanted the brake shoe machine until I saw it, and then was fascinated by it, so both now reside in a corner of one of my buildings. I guess they could be considered trophies because at this point I have been transitioning out of the hobby and I will never use them, but I actually like the designs, the work that went into the castings, and I thoroughly enjoyed cleaning them up. Most of the spare parts I accumulated over the years have gone to others who needed them. My vehicles will soon be gone as I continue to downsize since nobody in the family is interested, and the stuff I bought just because I liked them and wanted them will go away as well.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote