View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
'31 Patina

Default Re: Roll Down Rear Window Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
can you post a picture of what you now have?
Paul in CT
Attached are pictures of the rear window on my '31 coupe. What doesn't make sense to me is how could have this been a roll down window? Again I'm new to this car so please have patience but when you look at the pictures maybe someone can help me understand. From the inside there's the ledge behind the seat that has the metal attached to the wood frame of the window. As you can tell from the outside picture there is the original latch for the rumble lid. The last picture is from inside the trunk looking up where the window would be. You can see the metal ledge behind the seat, the wood frame and the latch on the outside of the car. So was this originally a coupe that had a roll down window? The guy I bought it from claims it was and it has the rumble seat with lid.

It sounds like most of you agree that the roll down window is the way to go so now I just need to figure out how to do that. From what I see it doesn't look like this was a roll down window unless I'm not understanding some thing. If anybody has pictures to help me out that would be great. I'm in search of literature that shows how to install a roll down window.

Thanks again for everyone's help and guidance on where I can find installation instructions and parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1763A.jpg (55.6 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1764.jpg (34.1 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1766.jpg (60.7 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1767A.jpg (66.6 KB, 212 views)
'31 Patina is offline   Reply With Quote