View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #31
dixiedelux

Default Re: 51 Merc v/8 into 40 ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
Here's a little expansion of V8's earlier air deflector sheet metal photos as sold by BOB DRAKE. 01A-8434, 01A-8209, 91A-8104/5, 91A-8240.
https://www.bobdrake.com/Categories2...illesheetmetal
The last two photos show home made pieces that block air from going up over the radiator and into the engine compartment. One piece fits in front of the radiator. The other into the hood. The goal is to direct as much fresh air into the radiator as possible and also evacuate as much hot air from the engine compartment as possible. Some folks use (non-stock) louvered inner fender panels to help the hot air escape
Great Help again, Fordy! I plan to use the homemade piece in front of radiator. It is used a lot, isn't it? The panel inside the nose of the hood, I have yet to see. I have the new I outer grill panels #91A-8104/5. I have new inner fender panels. I plan to have my hood louvered. I suppose it would be prudent to drop the panels off with the hood. the problem with that is all of the new Drake paint will have to be removed and I am not sure there is much flat area to louver. Is there an aftermarket vendor for the 40 inner fender panels? How about Mr. 40?

Last edited by dixiedelux; 04-30-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: wrong information
dixiedelux is offline   Reply With Quote