Thread: GB Sisson
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #13
GB SISSON

Default Re: GB Sisson

Well, here I am... 10:00 at night and after doing a bunch of work emails I checked out the barn and there was a pm from flatford and he mentioned you guys were looking for me. Been busy as the dickens with the woodworking business and down to one part time employee. I have been trying to downsize, but have still made too many commitments. Lots of 13 hour days but some benchmarks as well. Got my first social security check on Wednesday night. Age 66 but can work and not have amount diminished. Launched that 20' boat on june 15. Straight inboard ford 302 with a 1-1 velvet drive. Been a huge project as it sat in the deep woods for 10 years. Taken 2 short shake down runs with no mishaps. In April I bought a nice set of 1964 low back VW seats for the front of the woodie at the Portland swap meet. Welded up brackets and added seat belts. Makes a big difference. I'll get some pics. We took the woodie to Friday harbor last weekend by ferry and had a great outing. I have also been helping my oldest son work on his property he bought nearby. He and his wife moved back to the island last year and started a business and now starting a homestead. Today I went out shrimping with some friends and we all got our limit 80 each and they are good sized prawns. All the while my oldest daughter is in labor with my first boy grandchild. She has two girls and my other daughter has one girl. She is in Seattle and was induced at 8 pm tonight and the baby should come sometime after midnight. ! Oh yeah, I also took on a caretaking job for a huge waterfront summer house about 2 miles from here. Turns out to be a big job even though my role is to coordinate the people working on it, not do most of the tasks myself. Still it has taken up a lot of my time. He flew in on Tuesday and she comes in tomorrow. She is a Hollywood director, and he's a cinematographer. He's the guy that made the film about my 47 tonner panel truck project just for fun. On Saturday morning my car buddy and I are going to the Lemay Museum in Tacoma til Monday to view the finish line of the Great Race. Then it's back to work on Tuesday..... I can't wait to put my feet up and rest, and after that maybe get another coat of varnish on the woodie. Thanks to you all for caring about my whereabouts. Looking forward to winter now.... Your friend GB
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 06-28-2019 at 12:34 AM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote