View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #38
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Help with radiator cap spray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Yo' David,
"Maybe" it's time to gently warm the neck, pop it OFF, remove the shell & solder on a NEW Filler Neck, available through the suppliers.---It can be easily done, IN THE CAR, with an inexpensive Propane Torch.
Bill W.
Bill,

I'm tempted to try but I'm really a rookie. If my father-in-law was still alive I'm sure he could have done it. He grew up on a farm in Hanford in the 1930's and he would tackle anything mechanical just to see if he could do it.

In WW II, the Army put him in the Civil Engineering Corps building bridges in France after D-day. He was stationed in England first, and he said the pub keepers would get mad at the GIs because they would come in and drink all the beer. Beer was rationed and the pubs were only allowed a couple kegs and they had nothing left to sell to the locals. The locals generally nursed a pint all night.

The Early Ford Store recommended a Radiator shop in the San Gabriel Valley that still works on old radiators. Most radiator shops today just want to replace the plastic or aluminum radiators with new ones. Even I can do that.

Thanks guys,

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote