View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #22
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: My New 1930 Sedan

Tim,

Be sure to completely lubricate the car BEFORE you drive it. Driving without lubricants will destroy parts. The rear end looks like it has been leaking slowly for several years and hasn't been checked for a long time. Take out the top plug and you should be able to touch the rear end fluid with your finger. Fill it until it runs out the top hole and then put the plug back. Same with the transmission. I am sure there will be several recommendations but lacking that just get 600 weight lube from one of the major suppliers. Look at the lubrication chart in the owner's manual. The ones most commonly missed are the two on the accelerator control shaft, the distributor shaft and some of the generators depending on what you have. Fill the shocks with the correct fluid from the vendors. If they are full they are usually weeping and yours look dry. With your wiring I would recommend installing a fuse. If you get the one that mounts to the top of the starter be sure the connections are tight as problems have been reported. Go slow. Look for original parts at swap meets and rebuild them or have them rebuilt. They will be better than most repros. Join a club. The car looks like you will have fun.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 06-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)