View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 08:25 AM   #15
19Fordy

Default Re: Fan clearance issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadforty View Post
19Fordy,

What is the approximate dimension between the original fan pulley location and where you presently have it located ?
REPLY to Deadforty: I don't know. The reason for that is that after I installed the Walker radiator and shroud, I installed my homemade fan pulley set up and immediately noticed that I would need to make aluminum spacers to move the fan forward so that the fan blades would be 1/3 into the fan shroud for suitable air flow.

I would suggest that after you install your engine, you then install your radiator and a mock up of your fan pulley bracket and hub so that you can actually measure and find out what distance you need to keep the fan blade ay least 1 in. away from the radiator, taking the flexing of the fan into consideration. On the 40 there are two sets of holes in the top frame rail for the radiator location to be moved forward or backward.

I did not use the stock 1940 nut, bolts and springs and springs when I installed my radiator as I wanted it to sit lower down. Check all this out as you solve your problem. There are many variables.

For instance, my 8BA has early style heads so the radiator hose configuration is different. Then, if you are going to use a shroud, again take measurements and make the needed spacers for the fan pulley. It's easy to make a mock up of the assembly out of wood.

Last edited by 19Fordy; 10-27-2020 at 08:34 AM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote