View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
DavidG

Default Re: 32' v8 exhaust....?

Regarding the pipes in your photos, it appears that you have two of the correct long tail pipe sections (at the top of the first photo) and two of the matching short tail pipe sections at the bottom of that photo. One of the short tail pipe sections in that photo is mistakenly attached to what appears to be the correct crossover pipe that attaches to the left side exhaust manifold and is routed beneath the front of the oil pan and inserted into the header pipe shown in your fifth photo. I agree with Sheldon that the header pipe appears to be correct.

I can't comment on your muffler without seeing it outside of the box and for your to confirm the orientation of the inlet pipe on the front of the muffler relative to the smaller outlet pipe on the back of the muffler. With the front muffler pipe in the 6 o'clock position, the back pipe should be in the 2 o'clock position when viewed from the rear as shown in the attached photo.

There are two pipes in the center of your first photo which are not for a '32, be it a four or V8, only those six that I mention above.

P.S. I've not forgotten about your photo request; it has been a busy day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Book photos 196.jpg (67.2 KB, 69 views)
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote