View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #10
KULTULZ

Cool Re: 1955 ford with 2 barrel ford carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegrant View Post

As far as installing the PCV valve in the rear of the valley cover it would be a real tight squeeze. There is more area in the middle of the cover in-between the open sections of the intake manifold.

The valley cover has been sealed pretty well to the block with RTV by the previous owner and I am a little hesitant to remove the cover to drill a hole for PCV valve.

That is the reason I was thinking about using a valve cover instead. It would be a lot easier ...would the valve cover with the PCV valve installed be sufficient to relieve the pressure in the engine ?? Also would I have to install one in each valve cover using a tee to the carb base plate?

The early systems (FYB-FE-SBF) used a rear draw FOR A REASON. What you are describing came into play in 1965. The draw from a rocker cover will require a breather on the opposite side rocker cover to vent the top of the engine correctly.

To properly retro-fit a PCV SYSTEM to an earlier road draft FYB will require parts from the later 1960-1964 PASS CAR and/or LT 292 to function properly (IMO).

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote