View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 07:45 PM   #7
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Condenser Replacement

I run the condenser that is used with the V 8 points . I mount the condenser to the coil bracket and connect the wire to the switch side of the coil . There is NO need to have a condenser in the distributor with this setup . This setup gets the condenser out of the worse heat where it can get some air to assist cooling of the part . I once posted pictures here of this setup on my September 29 . I had a few to tell me that it would not work ! One of the people was an electrical engineer that showed how little he actually knew . Good USA condensers can be ordered or bought from NAPA . Most model A vendors also carry the V-8 condensers to be used on the model A . I have always thought that having the condenser mounted on the coil bracket or the firewall with the red wire connected to the switch side of the coil is best . I feel that this setup is FAR better than using V-8 points and condenser mounted on the upper distributor plate . The condenser is easy to get to for removal and replacement and the original easy to adjust points can still be used .

Last edited by Purdy Swoft; 08-19-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote