View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
hardtimes

Default Re: Model B engine serial number question

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketx View Post
Hi,
New guy here. My father in law recently passed, and left the family his 1930 Model A hardtop pickup. The engine serial number in the truck maps to April 1930, and the dash indicates post June 1930.
However, he also has a spare engine block in the bed. He always said it was a "Model C" engine and that he bought it from a Model A club guy years ago, who bought a bunch of these engines as new/old stock (or something like that).
Anyway, it does have the "C" on the cylinder head, and I realize that means it is likely a '32-34 Model B engine. But the serial number stamped on the side doesn't have any A/AA/alpha character......just a *1008174*. What does that indicate?

Hey Mike,
I have a GAZ Russian B from the trailer load that was brought in decades ago by Joe. Has markings that you show on block.
Interesting to know if Joe and your Dad were in same Model A club. Joe was a most interesting old car guy that one could know.
Is it possible to confirm that Joe was the guy in club with your Dad, or that GAZ was bought from someone else ? Joe was the ONLY guy known who brought in a whole tractor trailer batch, to my knowledge

PM, if you wish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (77.5 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by hardtimes; 03-10-2017 at 02:52 PM. Reason: ...........
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote