View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 12:29 PM   #18
JimNNN

Default Re: New guy just saying hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterginny View Post
thanks, looking forward to finding things out.

Here's something you may or may not know: Your 1957 Ford actually outsold the iconic (and highly mythologized) '57 Chevy that year. Some Chevy guys dispute that claim, but I've seen it from several sources, including an old production reference book I have. (There are apparently some differences between model year and calendar year numbers. And some Chevy guys kind of resort to fudging the numbers a little for '57 and '54.)

That's kind of a big deal, because despite the Ford Motor Company's monumental role in the US and world auto industry, it was still typically #2 in sales behind Chevy during the post-war and late pre-war eras. Not hard to understand why Ford did better than Chevy that year: The Ford was a completely new and lower car for '57, while the Chevy was a makeover of their '55 and '56 models.

Anyway, poor heat from the heater could mean a declining (clogging) heater core or heater control valve. I know nothing about '57's, but my '54 was setup so that I could change the heater core from the engine bay side, which is usually easier and less messy than changing from the interior side. Could also be that only a coolant change and maybe new hoses will solve the problem. '57 experts will let you know.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote