View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #20
AnthonyG

Default Re: Switching to juice brake question

John, I spoke in length to Rich a few hours ago & yesterday at length. He's a great guy and was very patient spending over an hour with me. I am convinced now based on his design & expertise it is ill-advisable even unsafe to try to set up Disc fronts combined with the Bendix rears using his '39 to '48 master cylinder bracket modification. Impossible to balance with enough hydraulic force to front disc's & rear Bendix. In my case while what you did sounds great with the Mustang M-cyl. I didn't want that much modification to the existing features. As I had read your response before the last call to him today I asked him about your previous Bendix front Lockheed Ford rear poor stopping (requiring too much foot pressure). He indicated the Lockheed brakes did't apply pressure to both sides of the linings and is the problem. Indicated with the Bendix style front & rear you get full pressure on both sides of the linings on all four making the foot pressure much easier and with very good stopping. After all the discussion with him I am convinced I will not go with discs and go with the Lincoln drum Bendix style front & rear. I'll be buying the master cyl., conversion bracket & e-brake bracket parts from Rich. The rest of the parts i.e., Bendix kits, hubs, drums and other required parts from Speedway and MT products to keep pricing down a bit.
Thx to all for all the good advise.