View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #16
Tim Ayers

Wink Re: Anyone with experiences working with Gocat speed shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieroadster View Post
Theres more than a flashy web site needed when looking for a good builder. Look for someone who actually uses the engines there building as a calling card. Hard way to learn.
Eric just called me offering a bunch of parts to build a stroker engine could that be some of what he was building for you?
I've talked to a lot of guys before deciding on who to go to when building my motor.

Some guys looking for builders are more concerned about price. Some guys want the ultimate performance regardless of the price. Others are trying to bridge the gap between both worlds.

I will tell you this for I'm in the thick of an engine project right now. Buildings these motors isn't cheap.

You can buy all the most expensive parts, but get shoddy machine work or find someone who truly doesn't know what combos work and why. In the end, you wind up with a motor that drained your bank account and fails to live up to your expectations.

Do your homework, talk to as many people as you can, and speak to your builder first. You'll know right away if you are in the right place.

Thankfully, this nut I know in CT agree to take my junk and turn it into a gem.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote