View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
Jim M

Default Re: Distributor help!!!

Latest update, today I took the distributor back out, took it apart and put it back together again reading each step in Les Andrews. Tested the shielded cable everything looks fine. Put distributor back in and checked all spots that were to have 6V including the open points and looked fine. Re-timed the engine and that looked great (used the timing pin and NuWrench). Actually took the fuel line off the carb just to make sure gas flowing into carb. That was fine. Got in the seat and turned her over. Turned over great but NOTHING - not one fire! Moved spark advance lever up and down while turning over to see if that made any difference - nope! I am at a loss. What should be a relatively easy task has turned into a nightmare. Fortunately I am a member of a wonderful club here in Melbourne, FL and one of the guys from the club is coming down tomorrow afternoon to help and see what he can find. He is GREAT!! In the mean time I am settling in for the evening for a couple of "medicines" to ease the pain and look forward to what we find tomorrow. I will post the outcome as I hope this will help someone down the road. I love this forum and not only read the daily posts but do a lot of searching on old posts before I start anything. Sure does beat TV.....especially these days. Jim
Jim M is offline   Reply With Quote